Register now: Sci-GaIA Workshop on Open Science / Maputo, Mozambique / November 18-19, 2015
The first Sci-GaIA thematic Workshop is taking place on November 18-19, 2015 in Maputo, Mozambique. The workshop will be organised under the aegis of the European Commission (EC, DG CONNECT) and in co-location with the UbuntuNet Connect 2015 Conference.
This first Sci-GaIA workshop will focus on Open Science and its main objectives are to:
- Strengthen collaboration among African and European scientists;
- Provide a forum for discussions and debates on open science issues;
- Engage key local community stakeholders and reach African policy makers;
- Promote the uptake of Science Gateways and e-Infrastructures in Africa;
- Support African Communities of Practice;
- Create synergies with similar projects and initiatives.
At this scope, the workshop will include the following sessions:
- An opening session honored with the participation of high-level policy makers from Africa and Mozambique in particular and of representatives from UbuntuNet Alliance;
- Two sessions with presentations related to Open Science and Open Data Infrastructure;
- “Bird-of-a-Feather” (BoF) sessions with thematic group discussions ;
- A session on the Sci-GaIA directions of development;
- A Workshop on the identification of possible synergies with similar projects like TANDEM, MAGIC and AfricaConnect2
- Workshop conclusions and Vote of Thanks.
Register now and stay tuned on the Sci-GaIA Website for the upcoming Agenda!