Agenda of the Sci-GaIA Workshop released – Maputo, Mozambique / November 18-19, 2015
The Agenda of the first Sci-GaIA thematic Workshop is taking place on November 18-19, 2015 in Maputo, Mozambique. The workshop will be organised under the aegis of the European Commission (EC, DG CONNECT) and in co-location with the UbuntuNet Connect 2015 Conference. The event is co-hosted by the Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia e Biociencias.
This first Sci-GaIA workshop will focus on the theme of Open Science. At this scope, the workshop will include the following sessions:
- An opening session honored with the participation of high-level policy makers from Africa and Mozambique in particular and of representatives from UbuntuNet Alliance;
- Two sessions with presentations related to Open Science and Open Data Infrastructure;
- “Bird-of-a-Feather” (BoF) sessions with thematic group discussions on Open Science, Science Gateways and NRENs;
- A session on the Sci-GaIA directions of development;
- A Workshop on the identification of possible synergies with similar projects like TANDEM, MAGIC, VI-SEEM and AfricaConnect2
- Workshop conclusions and Vote of Thanks.