Proceedings released: Sci-GaIA Workshop on Open Science – November 18-19, 2015 / Maputo, Mozambique
The first Sci-GaIA thematic Workshop took place on November 18-19, 2015 in Maputo, Mozambique. The workshop was organised under the aegis of the European Commission (EC, DG CONNECT) and in co-location with the UbuntuNet Connect 2015 Conference.
This first Sci-GaIA workshop focused on Open Science and its main objectives were to strengthen collaboration among African and European scientists and provide a forum for discussions and debates on open science issues.
The workshop included the following sessions:
- An opening session honored with the participation of high-level policy makers from Africa and Mozambique in particular and of representatives from UbuntuNet Alliance;
- Two sessions with presentations related to Open Science and Open Data Infrastructure;
- “Bird-of-a-Feather” (BoF) sessions with thematic group discussions ;
- A session on the Sci-GaIA directions of development;
- A Workshop on the identification of possible synergies with similar projects like TANDEM, MAGIC and AfricaConnect2
- Workshop conclusions and Vote of Thanks.
We are very pleased to inform you that the Sci-GaIA workshop proceedings are now available online!