REGISTRATIONS STILL OPEN
The third Sci-GaIA thematic Workshop will take place on September, 5, 2016 at the Julius Nyerere International Convention Centre in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The workshop is organised under the aegis of the European Commission (EC, DG CONNECT) and in co-location with the Technology Transfer Alliance workshop.
This third Sci-GaIA workshop will focus on “Open Science in Support of Education” and its main objectives are to:
- Provide a forum for discussions and debates on open science issues;
- Engage key local community stakeholders and reach African policy makers;
- Promote the uptake of Science Gateways and e-Infrastructures in Africa;
- Support African Communities of Practice;
- Create synergies with similar projects and initiatives.
At this scope, the workshop will include the following sessions:
- An opening session honored with the participation of high-level policy makers from Africa and Tanzania in particular;
- Sessions with presentations related to Open Science, Open Data Infrastructure, and Challenge Driven Education;
- “Bird-of-a-Feather” (BoF) sessions with thematic group discussions;
- Workshop conclusions and Vote of Thanks.
Stay tuned on the event website: http://agenda.ct.infn.it/e/sci-gaia-third-workshop